The Big Think

August 29, 2005

Life Expectancy Calculator

Filed under: Disclosure — jasony @ 12:49 pm

How long will you live? Take this simple test to find out. I’m happy to report that my life expectancy with my entries is over 84 years. And that’s with current medical technology. It’ll invariably improve over the coming decades, some say dramatically.
I remember the turn of the century a few years ago. I remember thinking “I’d sure like to see the year 2100”. Still feel that way. Hey, I’d only be 130.

8 Comments »

1. I got between 89 & 98 years. Cool. I guess.

Comment by Katherine — August 29, 2005 @ 5:15 pm

2. I’m about the same as Jason, and when I click through to the next page, I can only add 1.5 years to my life. Go figure!

Comment by Patrick — August 30, 2005 @ 8:44 am

3. wondering where my first comment with and seeing if this one goes through- by the way, mine was 94.9

Comment by Erin — August 30, 2005 @ 10:27 am

4. wondering where my first comment went and seeing if this one goes through- by the way, mine was 94.9

Comment by Erin — August 30, 2005 @ 10:28 am

5. Tim has yet to take this test, apparently. Regardless, I think his Man-Ness will shorten his life.

Poor Erin is doomed to spend the twilight of her life with me and Lydia at Shady Pines.

Comment by Katherine — August 30, 2005 @ 11:27 am

6. Mine was 86.28. Erin, what are you doing??? I thought I was doing pretty well. I think that if you included riding in a car Jason is driving that would be lowered considerably. 😉 Maybe Katherine will teach us to knit.

Comment by Lydia — August 30, 2005 @ 12:12 pm

7. Erin’s life is prolonged by being caught in a repeated comment submission timewarp. 😀

Comment by Patrick — August 30, 2005 @ 12:14 pm

8. Help! I’m still trapped in the timewarp!! haha:)
    Actually, my life expectancy probably went up because I ride with Jason:) I’ve gotten in 3 wrecks and had 3 tickets in my life and he’s never had any wrecks and only one ticket from New Mexico in his 20’s, so I don’t think that one counts:)
    I think my family health/absence of cancer and disease helped considerably. Also, my exercise regimen has gone up lately, so maybe that, too. All I know is that I don’t want any time without Jason. Although a long life is excellent, it wouldn’t be excellent without him.

Comment by Erin — August 30, 2005 @ 1:36 pm